Friday, January 2, 2015

October 11th 1952

It was about month before the presidential election, Dwight Eisenhower vs. Adlai Stevenson and your Missouri Tigers were home after a 26-0 shutout win the weekend before at Kansas State. Coach Don Faurot lead his team out onto the field to play against Southern Methodist. At the end of the day Missouri had 7 points on the board and Southern Methodist had 25. Missouri went 5 and 5 overall in 1952 with 3 home wins.


I got this program cheap off of ebay. I thought it was interesting to see all the old advertisements for local businesses, some of which I had actually heard of and a few that are still in Columbia today. I also enjoyed seeing the pictures of the team. (Click the pages below to make them bigger)
































































The page order got messed up a little when I went to post them but they are all there. Thanks for taking a look. I'll post something besides a program next time.

3 comments:

  1. I love looking at the ads. None really stand out to me, though I did catch the Riley Chevrolet one.

    I don't really recognize many names, but two stand out, Don Faurot obviously was one of them. The other was Jerry Schoomaker. He eventually went into MLB and I have one of his cards. He is pictured on the baseball team. He is also listed on the football roster. I didn't realize he was on the football team.

    Nice job so far. Can't wait to see the first non-program post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool stuff. Will be interesting to see the progression of these over the years as you go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for reading. I am not really posting anything in any order I just want to share and figured I would start with stuff I had already scanned.

    ReplyDelete