Thursday, January 1, 2015

My First Post October 1932. Yeah I said 32.


Hey everyone, thanks for checking out my new blog. I am new to this but thought I would give it a try after checking out my friend's blog (Royal Card Review). I plan to post mostly about my Missouri Tigers Football collection, pictures from the games I attend and whatever other randomness pertaining to Mizzou Football. I am sure I will talk about some other stuff as well but I want my main focus to be MU.

I first started attending games regularly in 2008. I had attended a hand full or so as a kid but I don't really remember any of them (besides one which I will talk about some point I am sure). The excitement of being at Faurot on game day is an experience which is hard to describe. I think that is what aids in my Mizzou collecting. Coming across something interesting or rare brings back a feeling of being at a game in a small way, and keeps football going year round for me.

I guess I will start off with a question. Where were you October 29th? October 29th 1932? If you are even remotely close in age to me (30) you weren't born yet. Hey my grandparents weren't even born yet. But someone was, and someone was playing football in Columbia Missouri.







Above is the entire program. Just look at the old uniforms and advertisements. Also noteworthy the heaviest guy on the team is only 216lbs. While I don't know much about the game I do know that Missouri was not victorious, they lost 14 to 6.  I am pretty happy to have this program in my collection, however you might be shocked to know its not my oldest. I will share that one in a future post. I just happened to have this one scanned. It is now framed hanging on my wall.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment